Youth Scotland is pleased to announce that the Youth Scotland Rural Action Fund is returning for the second year. Supported by The Robertson Trust and The Gannochy Trust, this fund aims to enhance and develop community-based youth work in Scotland’s rural communities.
In its first year, the highly successful fund has enabled 3,176 young people to access opportunities in their local communities and will now fund even more rural youth projects.
The fund has been created in response to the challenges which rural youth groups are facing in funding the delivery of community based universal youth work.
It will make small awards to enable youth groups operating in rural communities provide more and/or better youth work opportunities for young people.
The minimum amount of funding is £100 and maximum amount per award is £750.
Who can apply?
Volunteer run youth groups who:
- Are based in Scotland
- Are volunteer-led and delivered in rural communities with a maximum of 2 FTE staff member (If you have more than 2 FTE staff members for fixed periods e.g. during holidays, please contact us to see if you are eligible)
- Are universal access for all young people
- Can demonstrate a lack of alternative universal access provision for young people in their community (as a result of their rural location)
- Work with young people aged between 8 to 25 years old
- Want to try new things, enhance existing provision or increase your capacity to deliver a specific project or programme
- Plan to spend the grant within 6-9 months of receiving it
- Can provide evidence of a low annual turnover
- Are applying for between £100 and £750. No match funding is required
When are the annual application deadlines?
Applications should be received by:
- 30 August 2019
- 1 November 2019
- 31 January 2020
- 6 March 2020
What happens after I apply?
Once we have received your application, we will review this to make sure all the information we need is included. Applications will be considered by a Grants Panel and we aim to let youth groups know the whether they have been successful within 5 weeks of the deadline.
Where can I apply or find out more?
You can find full guidance notes, the application form and terms & conditions as downloads below.
We look forward to helping your rural youth group soon!