What is the Rural Action Fund?
The Youth Scotland Rural Action Fund is a micro-grant fund supported by The Gannochy Trust. This fund was created in response to the challenges which rural youth groups are facing in funding the delivery of community-based universal youth work. It will make small awards to enable youth groups operating in rural communities to provide more and/or better youth work opportunities for young people.
The Youth Scotland Rural Action Fund is open for applications from until 12 noon, Friday 24 November 2023 .
Who can apply?
Youth Scotland member youth groups which:
- Are based in Scotland;
- Operate in rural communities with a maximum of 2 Full Time Equivalent (FTE) staff members (If you have more than 2 FTE staff members for fixed periods e.g. during holidays, please contact us as you may still be eligible for funding);
- Are universal access for all young people;
- Can demonstrate a lack of alternative universal access provision for young people in their community (as a result of their rural location);
- Work with young people aged between 5 to 25 years old;
- Want to try new things, enhance existing provision or increase capacity to deliver a specific project or programme;
- Plan to spend the grant within 6-9 months of receiving it;
- Can provide evidence of an annual turnover less than £200,000;
- Are applying for between £100 and £750. No match funding is required.
When are the application deadlines?
Applications should be received by:
- 12 noon, Friday 24 November 2023.
What happens after I apply?
Once we have received your application, we will review this to make sure all the information we need is included. Applications will be considered by a Grants Panel and we aim to let you know whether you have been successful within 6 weeks of the deadline.