Youth Achievement Awards (YAA) offer formal recognition and accreditation for young peoples’ achievements.
Youth Achievement Awards are inclusive and suitable for young people with a wide range of abilities and interests. They are easy to use and incorporate into your existing or planned activities. They are delivered in a range of settings including youth and community projects, schools and colleges. They follow a plan-do-review process which enables young people to more effectively recognise and articulate their learning and achievements within different contexts, increasing self-esteem, improving motivation and keeping them engaged with learning.
The YAAs are a Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) customised award which, supports the aim and purpose of Curriculum for Excellence, the youth work outcomes, closing the attainment gap and the Developing the Young Workforce agenda.
They can be tailored to support any activity and provide a recognised, SCQF levelled award.
YAAs encourage reflection and critical thinking through self and peer assessment, keeping young people engaged while helping them to develop skills for learning, life and work.
The Awards recognise four levels of responsibility taken by young people participating in activities that interest them.
Key Features of the Award:
The Youth Achievement Awards
- Are easy to use
- Can be incorporated into existing or planned activities
- Can be used in a range of settings
- Are for young people age 14+ (16+ for the Platinum level)
- Have 4 levels based on the responsibility a young person takes within activities
- Can be accessed at the most appropriate level for the young person
- Help to evidence youth work outcomes
- Are inclusive and suitable for young people with a range of interests and abilities
- Are a Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) customised award
- Are Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) credit scored and leveled 4 – 7
- Appear on a young person’s Scottish Qualificiations Certificate alongside their academic achievements
- Placed on Insight and carry tariff points
- Support the aims, values, purpose and implementation of Curriculum for Excellence
- The Gold award carries 14 UCAS points
||SCQF Credit Points