The Hi5 Award is an exciting award for young people age 5+ that records and recognises wider achievement.
The Hi5 Award has been credit rated and levelled by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF).
To gain a Hi5 Award, young people choose a challenge, complete a minimum of 5 hours of activity, think about and comment on their achievements and gather evidence of their participation.
They will receive a certificate showing their name, challenge and special achievements. The certificate will also show the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) level and credit points.
How can you get started?
To find out how to register for the Hi5 Award click here, to order challenge sheets click here or to read our guidelines click here. You can read more about the award below.
Key features of the Hi5 Award
- Are for young people age 5+
- Have a minimum of 5 hours of activity
- Have 3 levels (star rating) based on the young person’s cumulative hours
- Can be incorporated into existing or planned activities
- Can be used in a range of settings
- Are inclusive and suitable for young people with a range of interests and abilities
- Are credit rated on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) where they sit at level 2
- Help to evidence outcomes
- Support the aims, values, purpose and implementation of Curriculum for Excellence