Dynamic Youth Award
To gain a Dynamic Youth Award, young people choose a ‘challenge’, set personal targets, complete a minimum of 5 hours of activity, think about and comment on their achievements, recording time spent on their activities and gather evidence of their participation. They will then receive a certificate showing their name, their challenge, hours completed and a statement of their ‘special achievements’. The certificate will also show the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) level and credit points.
Key features of the Dynamic Youth Award (DYA)
- Are for young people age 10+
- Have a minimum of 5 hours of time commitment activity
- Have 3 levels (Star Rating) based on the young person’s cumulative hours
- Can be incorporated into existing or planned activities
- Can be used in a range of settings
- Are credit rated on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) where they sit at level 3
- Help to evidence Outcomes
- Builds from where a young person is at, is person-centred and the focus is on creating an award that is personal, meaningful and appropriate for the individual.
- Are inclusive and accessible for all.
- Allows the young person and worker to be partners in a learning process.
- Empowers the young person to play a full part in shaping their own learning.
- Follows a plan-do-review structure
- Support the aims, values, purpose and implementation of Curriculum for Excellence
To view sample challenge sheets or book into training click on the links below: