About this event:
This interactive training workshop will introduce you to Youth Scotland’s Hi5 Award, Dynamic Youth Award and the 4 levels of the Youth Achievement Awards, enabling you to effectively promote, support and deliver these awards in your youth group, project or school. This training is a requirement for anyone looking to deliver the awards and recommended for anyone supporting or line-managing staff that deliver the awards.
It will familiarise you with the approach we use, the plan-do-review structure of the awards, how young people evidence their learning and achievement and the quality assurance process that ensures consistent standards across Scotland, essential for the credit rating and levelling of these qualifications on the Scottish Credit and Qualification Framework (SCQF).
- You will understand what is meant by a ‘youth work approach’
- You will understand the requirements of each award and each level of the award
- You will be able to support young people at each stage of the plan-do-review process
- You will be able to support young people to appropriately evidence their learning and achievement for each award and each level of the award
- You will understand the quality assurance process and the assessment criteria
This workshop is delivered online and a link, password and all relevant handouts will be emailed to you between 72 and 24 hours prior to the event.
Cost: £50 per participant
To book into training please see our current dates: