Please Note: Where we have no upcoming dates for the above training modules or where you like to arrange in-person delivery, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest in booking.
Training for Senior Youth Workers, Managers and Boards
Our core training offers an accredited learning pathway for youth work practitioners – from volunteers, just starting out, to managers who have been involved in youth work for years; these are our modules for experienced and senior practitioners.
This course is for individuals that have responsibility for child protection arrangements within their youth group. The course is particularly aimed at those in small voluntary sector organisations that have limited access to other support or training. Participants should have previously attended Child Protection Awareness training.
Duration: 1 day
This course will offer you an introduction to offering one to one support and supervision. It is aimed at people who are new to the role and people who would like to refresh their knowledge and check out their practice. The focus of the course is on planned supervision sessions however most of the concepts will be relevant for informal support and supervision also.
Over the 2 half days you will explore;
- The functions, key stakeholders, and focus of effective support and supervision
- The beginning process constructively negotiating a supervision agreement and clarifying boundaries
- Help people to reflect on their work and learn from their experiences
- Identify a number of steps to develop as a supervisor
- Increased understanding of the importance of Support & Supervision
- Increased knowledge of the fundamentals of Support & Supervision
- Increased confidence to undertake Support & Supervision with staff and volunteers.
To learn, observe and reflect from this practice it is advisable that if you are currently in the role as line manager that you schedule at least 1 S&S session in between session 1 and session 2. Session 2 offers an opportunity for sharing your reflection of any implementation or observation of this session.
Duration: 2 half days
Whether you are new to training and looking for a grounding in good practice or more experienced and looking for some fresh thinking and new ideas there should be something for you. This workshop will build confidence and develop facilitation skills for use in your day to day youth work practice.
Duration: 2-3 days
This session is with a focus for Senior Youth Workers and Managers to be able to share with their teams.
Getting it right for every child (GIRFEC) aims to provide all children, young people and families with the right support at the right time – so that every child and young person in Scotland can reach their full potential.
- An increased knowledge and understanding of GIRFEC
- Learned about the GIRFEC toolkit
- Understanding in how to promote children and young people’s wellbeing by using the GIRFEC approach
- Have access to ALLIANCE GIRFEC materials and know where to find sources of support
Facilitated by Alliance Scotland:
The ALLIANCE’s Children and Young People Programme offer a free training to parents, carers, and professionals to support disabled children and young people, and those living with long term conditions.