This course is aimed at both people who are new to the role and people who would like to refresh their knowledge and check out their practice. The focus of the course is on planned supervision sessions however most of the concepts will be relevant for informal support and supervision also.
Over the 2 half days you will explore:
- The functions, key stakeholders, and focus of effective support and supervision
- The beginning process constructively negotiating a supervision agreement and clarifying boundaries
- Help people to reflect on their work and learn from their experiences
- Identify a number of steps to develop as a supervisor
- Increased understanding of the importance of Support & Supervision
- Increased knowledge of the fundamentals of Support & Supervision
- Increased confidence to undertake Support & Supervision with staff and volunteers.
To learn, observe and reflect from this practice it is advisable that if you are currently in the role as line manager that you schedule at least 1 S&S session in between session 1 and session 2. Session 2 offers an opportunity for sharing your reflection of any implementation or observation of this session.