Bookings for 2023 are now closed!
A fantastic event for young people and youth workers, Big Ideas is all about engaging, inspiring and empowering young people and youth workers to take the lead in their local communities. This residential event comprises an action-packed programme of fun and engaging workshops for young people and a separate workshop list for workers to ignite new ideas and gain new experiences.
Join our celebration of young people and experience an event which is young people led and which showcases youth work’s talents and skills!
Who is it for?
For young people, young leaders, volunteers and workers to learn new skills, network and share ideas to celebrate the impact of youth work. Featuring a fantastic choice of over 20 workshops, to empower action through new ideas, tools and resources.
The Big Ideas Weekend is most suited for:
> Young People (12-17 yrs)
> Workers/Leaders (18 yrs+)
Young People aged (16+) can self-book onto the event.
Young people aged under 16 must be accompanied by an adult youth worker/volunteer.
Youth Workers will follow their own training programme during the day, but will be responsible for their young people outwith the formal sessions and during joint evening sessions.
Pricing and Booking –
- Member – Full Event Rate (Residential): £11 0 includes room and meals
- Non-Member – Full Event Rate (Residential): £140 includes room and meals
- Member – day delegate (Monday – no overnight stay): £50
- Non-Member – day delegate (Monday – no overnight stay): £65
- Member – day delegate (Tuesday – no overnight stay): £40
- Non-Member – day delegate (Tuesday – no overnight stay): £55
- Extra Sunday night booking: £60
*Sunday night bookings* – please note that this is an option for further travelled groups, who need to travel ahead of the programme. The cost is for bed & breakfast accommodation only; please note there is no programme on the Sunday night and you will need to self-cater your time and meals.
EVENT CONTRIBUTIONS MUST BE PAID IN ADVANCE OF THE EVENT
- Big Ideas Event is a no alcohol event for all participants
- Residential Guests must remain on site at all times
- Youth Scotland consent forms must be used in addition to your own and returned no later than 48 hours before the event
- Young people under 16 years must be accompanied by a youth worker/volunteer as part of a youth group
- Please note any bookings made after 30th July will be Non-refundable, however, substitutions can be made.
Big Ideas Zoom Briefings for Youth Workers
Whether you’re joining us for the first time or you’re a tried-and-true Big Ideas pro, we know you might have some questions as you get ready for the biggest two days in youth work. To help, we’re offering four Zoom-based sessions of Big Ideas Briefings for Youth Workers, covering:
- Information on the delegate pack
- Details for the programme
- The pre- and post-workshop schedule
- A guide to the areas we’ll be using at Stirling University
Sessions will be held on all of the following dates (links open Zoom meeting):
All youth work staff, volunteers and support workers planning to attend Big Ideas are welcome to come along!