FREE Hi5 and Dynamic Youth Awards (DYA) offer a fun, home-based way to learn and earn accreditation for ages 5+
The Youth Scotland network reaches over 65,000 young people and we know how disruptive and damaging the Covid-19 coronavirus pandemic is for parents and educators and their young people.
To support their wellbeing, and to recognise the fantastic achievements of young people’s activities during lockdown and beyond, we'd like to offer the first 1,000 Hi5 or DYA challenge sheets FREE to parents and educators.
The Hi5 and DYA are wider achievement awards that follow an engaging plan-do-review format. Young people are the primary drivers at each stage, promoting a sense of ownership and achievement in completing an award. Hi5 Awards are aimed at ages 5+ and DYA at ages 10+.
All completed awards receive a certificate. Both awards are nationally recognised and are credit rated and levelled by the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF). The awards can be many young people’s very first qualification!
Challenge sheets are normally £6.00 each but this offer means that 1,000 (in any combination) of Hi5 and DYA challenge sheets will be free on a first-come-first-served basis, subject to the terms below.
- First 1,000 awards are free - once they’re gone, they’re gone!
- Email the awards team with your details: name, whether you are a parent/carer or teacher/educator, which awards you would like to do (a combination is fine) and how many young people you are doing them with. We will then issue editable PDF and challenge sheet numbers
- Parents/carers identify as such and are limited to 6 challenge sheets in total but should only claim one per child
- Teachers/educators identify as such and should also provide name of school & Local Authority and claim enough for pupils in class
- Multiple applications can be made from the same school but total number of challenge sheets is limited to 60 per school
- Applicants will also be provided with our Awards at Home Toolkit, a handy set of activities designed to be appropriate for the awards
- Awards must be completed and submitted before the end of September 2020 (in line with the expiry of the editable PDF)
- Awards should be completed at home (with parental engagement hopefully). Exception is for children of essential workers attending school
- Offer is open from 8/6/20 and completed challenge sheets can be submitted until 30/9/20
- We reserve the right to decide applicability for this offer and decisions are final