Youth Scotland is delighted to announce that the Youth Scotland Rural Action Fund is returning for a third year. Supported by The Robertson Trust and The Gannochy Trust, this fund aims to enhance and develop community-based youth work in Scotland’s rural communities.
In its first two years, the highly successful fund has enabled 5,866 young people to access opportunities in their local communities and will now fund even more rural youth projects.
The fund was created in response to the challenges which rural youth groups are facing in funding the delivery of community based universal youth work.
It will make small awards to enable youth groups operating in rural communities provide more and/or better youth work opportunities for young people.
The minimum amount of funding is £100 and maximum amount per award is £750.
Who can apply?
Volunteer run youth groups who:
- Are based in Scotland
- Are current members of Youth Scotland
- Are volunteer-led and delivered in rural communities with a maximum of 2 FTE staff member (If you have more than 2 FTE staff members for fixed periods e.g. during holidays, please contact us to see if you are eligible)
- Are universal access for all young people
- Can demonstrate a lack of alternative universal access provision for young people in their community (as a result of their rural location)
- Work with young people aged between 8 to 25 years old
- Want to try new things, enhance existing provision or increase your capacity to deliver a specific project or programme
- Plan to spend the grant within 6-9 months of receiving it
- Can provide evidence of less than £200,000
- Are applying for between £100 and £750. No match funding is required
When are the annual application deadlines?
Applications should be received by the end of:
- 18 October 2020
- 29 November 2020
- 24 January 2021
- 28 February 2021
- 28 March 2021
What happens after I apply?
Once we have received your application, we will review this to make sure all the information we need is included. Applications will be considered by a Grants Panel and we aim to let youth groups know the whether they have been successful within 6 weeks of the deadline.
Where can I apply or find out more?
You can find full guidance notes, the application form and terms & conditions as downloads below.
We look forward to helping your rural youth group soon!