The Youth Active strand of Youth Scotland's work engages young people in physical activity and leadership, and provides them with skills, training and resources to develop opportunities for themselves and others to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Youth Active includes:
- Direct delivery of day certificates for a range of physical activities including dance, games, and sports. These awards are accredited by Sports Leaders UK. See upcoming courses.
- Training for workers, volunteers and young leaders in engaging young people in physical activity and leadership
- Providing pathways for young people to develop their training and skills. Opportunities are available for participants to put into practice their learning in local communities and groups
- Delivery of participation and leadership opportunities to young people in prison to increase their physical activity, gain new skills, build self confidence and become positive role models to their peers
- One to one mentoring for young people who are acting as leaders in their local communities and groups. Mentoring training is also provided to staff, volunteers and leaders to encourage mentoring as part of the leadership training process
Girls on the Move
Girls on the Move is a project designed to increase physical activity levels among girls and young women in Scotland.
Through Leadership programmes, Girls on the Move is funding and supporting projects which provide opportunities for young women to participate in sport and physical activity, and enable young women to gain the skills and experience needed to lead activities within their own communities.
The project is part of Active Girls, a programme managed by sportscotland and funded by the Scottish Government.
For more information about our Youth Active and Active Girls activities, contact Kelly Glass: email@example.com