Certification of Hi5 and Dynamic Youth Awards During Covid-19
All Hi5 and Dynamic Youth Awards submitted for certification and in the professional judgement of the award group worker has met all assessment criteria will be resulted. Sampling, if appropriate, will be carried out retrospectively and within six months of submission.
Please note: We try to mirror SQA quality assurance processes as closely as possible. The SQA have now advised that the retention of candidate evidence has been extended from 3 weeks to 6 months. What this means in practice is that all Hi5 and Dynamic Youth Awards submitted for resulting must be retained and available for sampling for six months from the submission date. This allows Youth Scotland be more flexible in the way we quality assure and result submissions.
Before you claim Dynamic Youth Award (DYA) certificates you must first check and confirm using the Candidate Registration Form (CRF) that all the requirements of the award have been met. This can be downloaded from the bottom of this page. Once the CRF has been completed in full it must be emailed to email@example.com
Full step-by-step instructions on completing the CRF can be found in the guidelines which can be downloaded below.
How to submit Dynamic Youth Awards for certification
- Email the completed candidate registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Await a confirmation email from Youth Scotland. You will receive this within 3 working days. You will be advised of any incomplete or missing information and sample requested, if appropriate
- When you have received a confirmation email from Youth Scotland, you should print a copy of the ‘List for printing' tab from the candidate registration form
- Securely package the submission. You must include the printed sheet as well as all challenge sheets and personal portfolios (or the sample requested)
- Courier the securely packaged submission or post it using recorded delivery to: Awards, Youth Scotland, Balfour House, 19 Bonnington Grove, Edinburgh, EH6 4BL
- Your submission will be processed and returned within 6 weeks of receipt