The Youth Active strand of Youth Scotland's work engages young people in physical activity and leadership, and provides them with skills, training and resources to develop opportunities for themselves and others to maintain a healthy and active lifestyle.
Youth Active includes:
- Direct delivery of day certificates for a range of physical activities including dance, games, and sports. These awards are accredited by Sports Leaders UK. See upcoming courses.
- Training for workers, volunteers and young leaders in engaging young people in physical activity and leadership.
- Providing pathways for young people to develop their training and skills. Opportunities are available for participants to put into practice their learning in local communities and groups.
- Delivery of participation and leadership opportunities to young people in prison to increase their physical activity, gain new skills, build self confidence and become positive role models to their peers.
- One to one mentoring for young people who are acting as leaders in their local communities and groups. Mentoring training is also provided to staff, volunteers and leaders to encourage mentoring as part of the leadership training process.
If you'd like to learn more about the Youth Active strand of the charity's work across Scotland, get in touch with Rebecca Simpson, Youth Active Manager: Rebecca.Simpson@youthscotland.org.uk or 0131 554 2561.