Curriculum for Excellence
Training the Trainers Events:
Curriculum for Excellence – An Introduction for Youth Workers
Curriculum for Excellence makes it clear that its aspirations for Scotland’s young people to develop as successful learners,confident individuals, effective contributors, and responsible citizens are not just for schools, youth work has a powerful part to play.
Youth Scotland is offering Training the Trainers sessions to talk you through the training programme and equip you with the skills and support materials necessary to deliver the session yourself.
Delegates are expected to be competent trainers with a Youth Work background and an identified target audience to cascade the training to.
Delegates that wish to cascade this training to others will have access to:
- A Trainer's Toolkit of materials to enable your delivery of this training to others.
- USB memory Stick of presentations and materials
- Hard copy CfE promotional materials
- Hard copy training activity resource
- Advertising of your cascade delivery of this training on Youth Scotland’s website.
- Certification of your training and reporting of your delivery to Education Scotland
The training that you will be equipped to deliver introduces youth workers to CfE: the ethos, rationale and provides tools to enable them toidentify CfE experiences and outcomes that they are delivering.
This event is free however a non-attendance/cancellation fee will apply.
Read a summary of recent evaluations of Youth Scotland's CfE Training the Trainers here
How to book
Click the event that you wish to book from the selection below.
- There are no dates currently planned but please get in touch if you would like to arrange a date.
This session is free to attend. If you book and are no longer able to attend, please let us know immediately. If you cancel within 3 days of the event, we reserve the right to charge you a cancellation fee of £75 which represents the unsubsidised cost of this course.
We expect the event to be popular, and reserve the right to limit the number of delegates from the same organisation.